Fw: Digital Camera

Deanne Bell dbell at qnis.net
Thu Jan 4 12:18:17 EST 2001

The camera guru at our lab recommends the Nikon Cool Pix 990.
Resolution is about 3 mega-pixels which may be more than you need for
publishing quality, but if you want to blow up pictures for posters it's
great.
This camera also allows you to get within 1 - 2 inches of your specimen.
The picture clarity at close range is outstanding.  Almost like looking
into a dissecting scope.
Recommended software is PhotoShop - hard to use, but it is the best.
Hope this helps
Deanne Bell
Molecular Markers Lab Technician
USDA Agricultural Research Service
2021 S. Peach Ave.
Fresno, CA 93727
e-mail: dbell at qnis.net
phone: 559 453-3170
fax: 559 453-3088

----------
> From: "Byeong-ha Lee" <byeongha at U.Arizona.Edu>
> To: methods at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
> Subject: Digital Camera
> Date: Wednesday, January 03, 2001 11:18 PM
>
> Hello,
>
> Our lab is looking for a good digital camera to document plant samples
> either in pots or on plates.
> Sometimes we need close-up images as well.
>
> Could you recommend one to us? (Note this is not for a gel
documentation.)

> Also we'd like to know if the images taken by the digital camera are
> publishable.
>
> It would be appreciated if you would share your experience with us.
> Thanks,
> Byeong-ha Lee
> Plant Sciences
> University of Arizona