Fw: Digital Camera

Deanne Bell dbell at qnis.net
Thu Jan 4 12:18:17 EST 2001

The camera guru at our lab recommends the Nikon Cool Pix 990.
Resolution is about 3 mega-pixels which may be more than you need for
publishing quality, but if you want to blow up pictures for posters it's
This camera also allows you to get within 1 - 2 inches of your specimen.
The picture clarity at close range is outstanding.  Almost like looking
into a dissecting scope.
Recommended software is PhotoShop - hard to use, but it is the best.
Hope this helps
Deanne Bell
Molecular Markers Lab Technician
USDA Agricultural Research Service