Digital Camera

David M. Eisenmann eisenman at
Thu Jan 4 14:01:10 EST 2001

In article <000701c0761e$f3798de0$4c0efea9 at byeongha>,
byeongha at U.Arizona.Edu ("Byeong-ha Lee") wrote:

> Hello,
> Our lab is looking for a good digital camera to document plant samples
> either in pots or on plates.
> Sometimes we need close-up images as well.
> Could you recommend one to us? (Note this is not for a gel documentation.)
> Also we'd like to know if the images taken by the digital camera are
> publishable.
> It would be appreciated if you would share your experience with us.
> Thanks,
> --------------------------------
> Byeong-ha Lee
> Plant Sciences
> University of Arizona
> Tucson, AZ 85721
> ---

For about $900 you can get the Nikon Coolpix 990, at 3.4 megapixels
its a hell of a camera.  Our departmental photographer has the previous model,
the 950, and he says its as close to the resoltuion of film that he has seen.

David M. Eisenmann
University of Maryland Baltimore County
Department of  Biological Sciences