Digital Camera

David M. Eisenmann eisenman at umbc.edu
Thu Jan 4 14:01:10 EST 2001

In article <000701c0761e$f3798de0$4c0efea9 at byeongha>,
byeongha at U.Arizona.Edu ("Byeong-ha Lee") wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Our lab is looking for a good digital camera to document plant samples
> either in pots or on plates.
> Sometimes we need close-up images as well.
>
> Could you recommend one to us? (Note this is not for a gel documentation.)
>
> Also we'd like to know if the images taken by the digital camera are
> publishable.
>
> It would be appreciated if you would share your experience with us.
> Thanks,
> --------------------------------
> Byeong-ha Lee
> Plant Sciences
> University of Arizona
> Tucson, AZ 85721
>

> ---

For about $900 you can get the Nikon Coolpix 990, at 3.4 megapixels
its a hell of a camera.  Our departmental photographer has the previous model,
the 950, and he says its as close to the resoltuion of film that he has seen.

Dave

--
David M. Eisenmann
University of Maryland Baltimore County