Troubleshooting IEF

Kvita kvita at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 4 19:11:05 EST 2001

Hello,
My name is Olesia. I am an undergraduate student
attempting to characterize an experimental protein
with IEF. Unfortunately, the first 7 gels showed
nothing: we were able to see standards somewhat
clearly, but none of the sample proteins showed. We
tried changing conditions, such as duration of the
run, making new batches of the cathode and anode
buffers and staining solutions, varying
voltage/current, etc. Can you please give me some
ideas what may be causing this problem. I would also
appreciate if you could direct me to any good internet
resources on IEF.
Thank you very much,
you can contact me by e-mail: kvita at yahoo.com