appearance of "clean" DNA?

benedik benedik at uh.edu
Fri Jan 5 10:27:27 EST 2001

DNA is definitely viscous. This is because it is a long chain polymer which
is what makes it viscous. If you shear it into smaller bits (such as by
sonication) the viscosity will be reduced. You can also prove this by adding
a little DNase and watch the viscosity go away.

Now, when you extract DNA from some bacteria and especially from plants you
also tend to get a lot of polysaccharides which might also contribute to the
viscosity. But it is mostly the DNA.

in article 9338a4$e88$1 at nnrp1.deja.com, mwcrepeau at my-deja.com at