two-hybrid suggestions

Rebecca Van Beneden rondi.butler at umit.maine.edu
Sun Jan 7 15:17:28 EST 2001

Our lab is preparing to venture into the world of protein-protein
interactions/yeast two-hybrids.  I am looking for any
suggestions/personal experience anyone might have with commercially
available kits or procedures from 'do-it-yourself'-ers.  Any helpful
suggested readings would also be rgeatly appreciated.  Perhaps the
greatest complaint I have heard (in my limited exposure thus far) is
library construction.  Are there companies that will make libraries?
(in case we win lotto) We work with a non-traditional organism (clam) so
no pre-transformed libraries are available :(

Thanks in advance for your help.

R. Butler

---