Finnzymes mutation generator

Susanne Rohrer "srohrer(removethis)" at immv.unizh.ch
Wed Jan 10 07:06:19 EST 2001

Michael Witty wrote:

> What exactly is Finnzymes mutation generator?  Mike.

Using a mini-transposon and transposase, you generate small insertions in
vitro which in the end lead to 5 extra amino acids in your protein of
interest, at random sites. I want to use it to find important sites in "my"
favorite protein. They claim that due to the mechanism of the transposition,
and I hope it is that exact, there are no frameshifts and no stop codons
generated. But it seems very new so the rep couldn't tell me anyone who had
used it so far.

S.