thermal cyclers and gel documentation system

P.J. v. Santbrink santbrin at lacdr.leidenuniv.nl
Wed Jan 10 09:00:51 EST 2001

Hi all,

We've to buy a new thermal cycler and our old fashioned polaroid system
is finally breaking down so we're also looking for a gel documentation
system.
We now have the Biometra trio thermoblock (the old one) and I know they
have the newer version, the T3 Thermocycler. The sale reps of course say
that it's the best there is, but I would like to know how it really
works on the lab bench, so any good/bad experiences with with the T3 ??
Also, any thoughts on the Primus 96 HPL Thermal cycler from MWG Biotech
?

As for a gel documentation system we're looking at the GeneGenius from
Syngene and the ImaGo 500MZ. Any good/bad experiences with these
systems, and maybe some tips on other gel documentation systems ??

any response is much appreciated

Greetings from Holland

Peter

--

Leiden/Amsterdam Center for Drug Research.
Leiden University;Einsteinweg 55 P.O. Box 9502 2300RA, Leiden The

---