what is the effect of a 5' overhang on gel mobility

WILLIS GAVIN RM1Norfolk and Norwich NHS Trust gavin.willis at norfolk-norwich.thenhs.com
Thu Jan 11 07:15:29 EST 2001

The product will be about 25bp. The reason I want it to migrate at the same
speed is that there is another 25bp fragment that will be present in mutant
individuals. I will then get 50 bp =normal, 25 bp = mutant. Because thy are
so small the fragments are pretty faint so co migration would be nice though
not essential. Under the conditions I am using there is also a nice window
around 25 bp between  primer related artefact and other restriction
fragments. I don't want to denature because that would make the fragments
hard to see and the pattern more complex.

Gavin

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended
only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient you
must not copy, distribute, or take any action or reliance on it. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender. Any unauthorised
disclosure of the information contained in this e-mail is strictly
prohibited.

---