thermal cyclers and gel documentation system

Ashok Aiyar aiyar at ebv.mimnet.northwestern.edu
Thu Jan 11 09:11:48 EST 2001

On 10 Jan 2001 14:00:51 -0000,
    P.J. v. Santbrink (santbrin at lacdr.leidenuniv.nl) wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>We've to buy a new thermal cycler and our old fashioned polaroid system
>is finally breaking down so we're also looking for a gel documentation
>system.
>We now have the Biometra trio thermoblock (the old one) and I know they
>have the newer version, the T3 Thermocycler. The sale reps of course say
>that it's the best there is, but I would like to know how it really
>works on the lab bench, so any good/bad experiences with with the T3 ??

We have had Biometra's Tgradient for exactly a year, and really
like it.  Thus far it has been a fast, reliable cycler.

Ashok

Ashok Aiyar                                   a-aiyar at northwestern.edu
Department of Microbiology-Immunology           office: (312) 503-2524
303 E. Chicago Avenue, WARD 4-123                  lab: (312) 503-2542
Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611         fax: (312) 503-1339