E.coli vector with 6His to be removed cleanly?

Sveta xeaa at usa.net
Sat Jan 13 19:41:53 EST 2001

Hi,
I would greatly appreciate if someone could recommend me an E. coli
expression vector that would allow cloning to produce a 6His protein so that
6His epitope could be cleanly cut off the protein by a specific protease.

Any other epitope could be OK, the main concern is that no foreign amino
acids will be introduced into the protein I want to express (it is a DNA
binding protein, so I am worried about 6His affecting its properties).

Thank you.

Sveta