crosslinking reagents for nuclear protein complexes

Britney I'mNotReallyBritneySoPleaseDon'tEmailMe at
Tue Jan 16 00:53:29 EST 2001

Dear All,
I am interested in analysing the protein constituents of a large protein
complex within the nucleas. I want to try taking a nuclear extract,
adding a crosslinker, immunoaffinity purifying the complex, reducing the
crosslinker, running the proteins on 1D- and/or 2D PAGE gels, then use
Mass spectrometry to identify the proteins. There are two protein
crosslinkers I want to purchase: DSP (Lomants reagent) and BASED. Before
I make the purchase, can anyone offer any comments or suggestions on
these or alternative crosslinkers?