Help needed on separation of small oligonucleotides

Mette og Michael isl34712 at
Wed Jan 17 05:17:55 EST 2001

Does anyone know how to obtain the best separation of small
oligonucleotides on acrylamide. I need to separate oligonucleotides in
the range of 20 to 40 mers. In the moment I am  running a 36 cm long 6%
arylamide gel (1:19 acryl:bisacrylamide) with 8 M Urea in 1XTBE (ABI377,
Applied Biosystems). Is there a more optimal acryl:bisacrylamide ratio
for sep of small oligoes. Has anyone got any experience on that?

PhD student Mette Nyegaard
KKA, Odense University Hospital