Williamstone is down, any good oligo calculators anywhere?

Mervi Alanne mervi.alanne at ktl.fi
Wed Jan 17 07:30:40 EST 2001

Hello to you all!

Does anyone know a good web page or a freeware I could use to analyze my
primers with? I need to know the Tm (preferably with both basic 2+4 etc.
and nearest neighbor method) and self-priming predictions. Primer 3 (or
V) won't do because I want to design a certain sequence in 3'-end. What
would be ideal is a place where I could analyze also priming between 2
or more oligos (I'm doing multiplexing but primer dimer predictions in
single amplification would also come in useful).

I think that in a good web page the user can find out what algorithms
(or even the name of the algorithm) are used to calculate different
values. So if anyone knows such a place I would appreciate very much any
information.

Thanks,

Mervi Alanne

DNA co-ordinator