Phage ELISA reproducability

Tim Spahlinger txs at po.cwru.edu
Wed Jan 17 09:49:59 EST 2001

I've never done your procedure so I'm speaking somewhat
naively here.  However, I've done a fair amount of
antigen-antibody ELISAs in the past and have noted that I
would get variable ODs if I allowed the wells to dry too
much after they were washed.  My problem cleared up by
simply working more quickly in getting the next reagent into
the wells after the wash steps were completed. If you're
using a plate washer you should also check to be sure that
it is washing consistently from well to well, and from wash
cycle to wash cycle.

I hope this is a simple help for your problem.