silver stain vs SYPRO Ruby

WSchick at aol.com WSchick at aol.com
Wed Jan 17 11:21:10 EST 2001

For greater sensitivity, proteome folks seem to be moving to fluorescence
with SYPRO Ruby from Mol Probes.   USing a multi filter doc system, 2D gels
can be imaged with high sensitivity.    See hands on note 38? at
Alphainnotech.com which also shows chemiluminescence using a lectin-HRP
probe.

Walt Schick
BioSepCo