Hot-Start & Hi-Fi

Bruno Cenni bruno.removethis.cenni at removethis.insel.ch
Wed Jan 17 11:40:25 EST 2001

Hi all,

I am aware of polymerases that have proof-reading ability and others that
come in a "Hot Start" flavor (chemically modified or antibody or others). Is
there one that combines both? ...we are really concerned about introducing
errors... Has anyone ever tested if amplifying a stretch of DNA from a
fairly abundant template (not single cells or such) with plain Taq
introduces errors at such a rate (in the early cycles) that they'd be
detectable by direct (ie. no subcloning!) sequencing of the PCR product?

Bruno