replacement for trimethylsilane in peptide synthesis

Frank O. Fackelmayer Frank at Fackelmayer.de
Wed Jan 17 12:37:09 EST 2001

Hi all,
We´ve been using trimethylsilane as a scavenger in the cleavage reaction
after peptide synthesis (where the peptide is cleaved from the resin).
The cleavage solution we have used is 90% TFA, 5% H2O and 5%
trimethylsilane. Now, the reagent is no longer available for unknown
reasons, and we are looking for a replacement. We know there are a lot
of recipes for cleavage solutions, but we don´t want to change too much
here... Would Dimethyl-ethylsilane work?

Frank