PCR error rate

Bruno Cenni bruno.removethis.cenni at removethis.insel.ch
Thu Jan 18 04:58:22 EST 2001

Thanks for the hint with the Clontech enzyme!

For my other question: I found plenty of references for the error rate
measured by analyzing clones after PCR. I am not sure how these number
translate in probability to introduce an error in the first cycle and to do
that in a sufficiently high frequency (same mutation) with several molecules
of template present in at least ng amounts such that this mutation would be
visible in direct sequencing of the PCR product (ie. to get about 50 % of
the product with a mutation).

Bruno

news:p.r.ashby-D9040C.17205217012001 at dux.dundee.ac.uk...