anti-HIS tag antibodies

Sun Jan 21 16:12:13 EST 2001

Paul Klosen <klosen at neurochem.u-strasbg.fr> wrote:

:I am currently looking for an anti-HIS tag antibody to follow the
:production and purification of fusion proteins in E.coli. I have seen
:several antibodies to HIS-tags by several companies, but I'd like to
:know which one is the most reliable one ?
:

Sigma's monoclonals are good enough for this purpose and recognize
any His-tag (which is not a trivial feat!).

If the vectors contains RGS sequence (as commonly found in
Invitrogene's and Qiagene's vectors), nothing beats monoclonals
against RGS+His-tag.

        - Dima