IP-Western

Krzysztof Wasowicz wasowicz at moskit.uwm.edu.pl
Mon Jan 22 03:25:55 EST 2001

huangz at biowww.net wrote:

>In an immunoprecipitation-western blot I used rabbit polyclonal antibody and protein A agarose beads(protein A is covalently bind to beads) to pull down antigen complex. In following western blot I used rabbit polyclonal antibody as primary antibody and HRP-anti rabbit IgG as secondary. The result turns out to be many bands, including IgG bands. Is there a good way to do IP-W and get clean band? Any suggestion are appreciated.
>-------------------
>

>---
Hi,
I had the same problem. I was doing Western albeit without IP (rabbit
primary Ab, porcine anti-rabbit HRP-labelled secondary (DAKO Denmark),
ECL detection). The result was very similar. Seems the reason is not
IP but the antigen-primary Ab-secondary Ab interaction. The only
"clean" Western I have got was with biotinylated goat anti-rabbit
secondary antibody from Vector, streptavidin-AP coniugate and CSPD
chemiluminiscence (No affiliation to above mentioned companies).
Hope this helps,

Krzysztof Wasowicz, DVM, Ph. D.
Department of Animal Anatomy
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine