Collagenase digestion

Mimi mimi at redhotant.com
Mon Jan 22 05:44:45 EST 2001

Hi

I was wondering if anybody here might be able to offer me a protocol for
collagenase digestion of skin. I am performing in situ hybridisation on skin
sections and thought it possible that a collagenase digestion during the
pretreatment stage may aid penetration of the probe.

Could anybody suggest the best concentration of collagenase to use for this
purpose? I imagine I'll have to use 0.05 M TES buffer with 0.36 M calcium
chloride. What would be the optimal digestion time, approximately?

Thanks
Mimi