Fw: dna profiling

Deanne Bell dbell at qnis.net
Tue Jan 23 17:44:41 EST 2001

We use a variety of PCR techniques.  What are you trying to do - mapping,
linking traits to markers, population studies, genetic relatedness,
cultivar identification ????
Are you wanting techniques that require no preliminary sequencing, like
AFLPs?  There is always RAPDs or  ISSRs = Inter Simple Sequence Repeats
where primers are basically SSRs and amplified fragments are areas between
the SSRs.
Your question is pretty wide open. There are lots of techniques -
microsatellites / SSR to footprinting.

Deanne Bell
Molecular Markers Lab Technician
USDA Agricultural Research Service
2021 S. Peach Ave.
Fresno, CA 93727
e-mail: dbell at qnis.net
phone: 559 453-3170
fax: 559 453-3088

----------
> From: Caprice Rosato <rosatoc at bcc.orst.edu>
> To: methods at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
> Subject: dna profiling
> Date: Tuesday, January 23, 2001 11:46 AM
>
> Aside from AFLP techniques, what other methods
> are people using for dna profiling (fingerprinting)?
>
> Thanks in advance.

>                      S. Caprice Rosato      rosatoc at bcc.orst.edu
> Center for Gene Research and Biotechnology,  Oregon State University
>         3012 Agriculture and Life Sciences,  Corvallis, OR  97331
>                        (541) 737-3413    FAX: (541) 737-3450
>                  http://www.orst.edu/dept/cgrb/

---