Protein assay problems

Henk Veldman H.Veldman-2 at neuro.azu.nl
Wed Jan 24 04:38:57 EST 2001

<snip>

> Does anyone have any experience with this kit or with similar methods?
> I'd also be interested in any other suggestions people might have about
> assaying my proteins - I have a max of ~5ul available for assaying from
> each sample.
>
> love
> Anna
> --
> 'It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm
> really quite busy.'

The Bio-Rad DC Protein Assay (a variant of Lowry), when done in microtiter
plates,  uses 5 ul of sample and will tolerate at least up to 1 % of SDS. It
is, however, incompatable with mercaptoethanol and you need a protein
concentration in the 0.1 to 1.5 mg/ml range.

Hope this might help,

Henk

--
H. Veldman
Laboratory for Experimental Neurology (NMZ)