Cy3 supplier

Dr. Duncan Clark Duncan at nospam.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 24 07:45:20 EST 2001

In article <3A6DCEAA.7FDBF2E3 at ottawa.com>, the eminent Neil McKenna at
University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada wrote
>I am having difficulty finding a supplier of the cyanine dye Cy3 with
>which I would like to label monoclonals.

I believe that APB are the sole supplier of Cy3 and Cy5 monomeric dyes.
I'm not sure they own the patents outright but they do have the
exclusive license on them. Cy3 and Cy5 as used in oligo labelling is
sub-licensed from APB by oligo companies. I would think that the
labelling of all other Cy3 and Cy5 products sold is also sub-licensed.

Duncan

sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark
GeneSys Ltd.