destaining SDS-PAGE

Emir ekhatipo at NOSPAMmidway.uchicago.edu
Wed Jan 24 12:47:51 EST 2001

Michael,
Since you seem to be concerned about impurities, are you aware that you can
destain using just H2O? I have been doing it for quite a lot with 10%, 15%,
4-20% acrilamide, and it works fine. Place your stained gel into a plastic
container (lid from pipet tip box will do), poor water to cover the gel
(~half a container), cover with saran wrap or anything that fits the needs
(glass plate, etc.), microwave 3-5 min to let it boil well, repeat a couple
of times until the gel is destained.
- Emir

news:Pine.SGI.3.96.1010124093343.5931816B-100000 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk...