Transfection reagents

Pamela Norton pamela.norton at mail.tju.edu
Wed Jan 24 13:24:07 EST 2001

In article <3a6ea512$1 at news.unibe.ch>, Bruno Cenni
<bruno.removethis.cenni at removethis.insel.ch> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> a few years ago a company sold a kit with about 7-8 different transfection
> reagents in small amounts for testing and evaluation. I wasn't able to find
> out who it was. Does anyone remember?
>
> Cheers
>
> Bruno

Bruno,

You might be thinking about Invitrogen's PerFect Lipids, pFx-1 thru -8,
I'm pretty sure they have a trial sampler kit, but I can't seem to put
my hands on a catalog at the moment. In addition, Panvera has a sampler
of three reagents, although I doubt that they supply 200 _ml_ of each
reagent (probably 200 ul). Promega also has a sampler of their Tfx-10,
-20 and -50 reagents; likewise for Gibco BRL and four of their
products.

This may be more information than you need. Okay, so I recently wrote a
chapter that appeared in a book I coedited:

Norton, P.A. (2000) Introduction of DNA into cultured mammalian cells.
In "Gene Transfer Methods: Introducing DNA into Living Cells and
Organisms", P.A. Norton and L.C. Steel, eds. BioTechniques Press, Eaton
Publishing, Natick, MA.

While I encourage everyone to buy this fine book :-), I have reprints
of this chapter if you are interested.

Pam Norton