Seeking comments regarding "TAP Express" (Transcriptionally Active PCR)

Deborah Fitzgerald df at sciwriters.com
Wed Jan 24 20:13:31 EST 2001

Dear Researchers,

I am a biotehcnology writer, and have been asked to write a brief article highlighting Gene Therapy Systems' "Tap Express" system for "The Scientist."

A description of this product is posted online at: http://www.genetherapysystems.com/

I do have a background in science (worked in a lab for years before becoming a writer)-- but this technique is a bit out of my area of expertise. If any one has any comments about this product, please delete the "NOSPAM" tail, then e-mail me at: debfitzgerald at mindspring.comNOSPAM

I am especially interested in balanced views of the utility of this product-- what are its advantages and limitations?  Is it more appropriate for some lines of experimentation than others?  Also, I'd love to hear from anyone who has actually used this product.

I do not publish quotations from academics without obtaining prior approval, so please feel free to make any comments that might come to mind without fear of seeing them appear in a widely read magazine..

Thank you for your help.

Deborah Fitzgerald, Ph.D.
Biotechnology Writer