A good CBB G-250 source for Colloidal staining??

Hans van der Zandt hz at graffinity.com
Thu Jan 25 09:12:26 EST 2001

We have tested different staining protocols for SDS-PAGE; in our hands
CBB colloidal is simplest; although with other Methods a higher
sensitivity may achieved. The only question remaining is the CBB
istselve. We now have used Serva stuff. Our impression is that the
staining is not as intense as like Pierces stuff. I believe this has to
do with the CBB itselve. Pierce themselves sell (very expensive) CBB.
Does somebody outhere has a good  (cheap!?) other source?
Many thanks!

Mit freundlichem Grüß/ Best regards aus Heidelberg

Hans van der Zandt

Dipl.-Ing. Hans van der Zandt
Head of Protein Factory
Graffinity Pharmaceutical Design GmbH