Cy3 supplier

Ian Clements ian.clements at probes.com
Thu Jan 25 13:17:23 EST 2001

Amersham does hold the patents to the Cy dye series and they are only sold
by Amersham and its licencees.  Molecular Probes does not sell the Cy dye
series but does have many dyes that have similar spectral properties.

To my knowledge Amersham still does not sell the reactive Cy dyes
separately for protein labeling they are, or were, only available in
kits.  Special licences are available for oligo labeling companies and
larger antibody suppliers like Jackson but not to individual end users.