A good CBB G-250 source for Colloidal staining??

H.V.Taylor harold.taylor.remove-this at delete-this.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Jan 25 17:54:55 EST 2001

hz at graffinity.com (Hans van der Zandt) wrote:

>The only question remaining is the CBB
>istselve. We now have used Serva stuff.
Hans! Shame on you for doubting a good old Heidelberger company like
Serva ;-)
> Our impression is that the
>staining is not as intense as like Pierces stuff. I believe this has to
>do with the CBB itselve. Pierce themselves sell (very expensive) CBB.
>Does somebody outhere has a good  (cheap!?) other source?
>Many thanks!
Run your Coomassie over a thin layer plate SiO2 with/without F254
using n-BuOH/HAc/H2O (4:1:1)... You'll be surprised how much junk
you'll find. Compare brands - they're all more or less the same.

Harold

P.S. Grüße aus Tübingen!