Is there a simple test for RNase and DNase free

Michael L. Sullivan mlsulliv at facstaff.wisc.edu
Fri Jan 26 12:14:47 EST 2001

You might check catalogs and/or contact vendors to ask what their QC
protocols are.  For example I know the front of the NEB catelog contains
information on how they check for non specific nuclease contamination of
their restriction enzymes.  I would think most vendors would be willing to
share how they assess QC of their products.  As for checking for proteases,
I just came a across a reagent in Roche's catelog  "universal protease
substrate" for doing QC to determine protease contamination.

Hope this helps.

Mike Sullivan

>We would like to test a samples of the batch for
>"DNASE and RNASE free" to confirm they are
>molecular biology grade.  Even the "protease free" test.
>
>Is there a simple test or protocol or kit I can use.?
>
>Suggestions?

Michael L. Sullivan, Ph.D

U.S. Dairy Forage Research Center
1925 Linden Drive West