anaerobic salts?

engelbert_buxbaum4 at engelbert_buxbaum4 at
Mon Jan 29 07:05:14 EST 2001

In article <OE4JIzpNcedZhotjCjW00000ea0 at>,
  M_sforvo at ("Marcello Sforvo") wrote:
>  I came across a paper referring to "anaerobic salts" as a mean to
grow  =
> E. coli in anaerobiosis but no further details were given in the Math
& =
> Methods section..
> I never attempted before growing bacteria in anaerobiosis but  growth
in =
> liquid culture with those "anaerobic salts" sounds quick and
inexpensive =

Chemically speaking, you can make solutions oxygen free with strong
reducing agent like hydroquinone or Na metabisulfide. Whether E. coli
would survive such treatment, is another question.

Sent via