Mab purification

oswaldo oswaldo at iats.csic.es
Mon Jan 29 08:11:03 EST 2001

Hi there,

We need to use a species-specific anti-Ig Mab, mainly for
immunohistochemistry but maybe also for immunoblotting. They are
supplying us mouse ascites. As long as I don't have experience with
Mabs, I was wondering what kind of purification steps are needed or
convenient, including if we want to label it with biotin. I have read
that ammonium sulphate precipitation maybe enough (is it an easy
protocol?) and I have also read APBiotech's technical info on Protein G
Mab capture cartridges (do they waste most of the stuff? Can you apply
the ascites directly?). Anyway, any input or suggestions about it would
be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Oswaldo