plasmid kits opinions

Nick Theodorakis nicholas_theodorakis at
Mon Jan 29 16:43:56 EST 2001

In article <bykd6.14753$KP3.4639348 at>,
  "EO" <eooe at> wrote:
> Hi,
> I asked this before but didn't get enough people to respond.
> It would be nice if all readers simply comment please.
> Here is the question again simlified:
> Please rate (your opinion) what kits are the 3 best
> for plasmid mini preps?
> 1. ?
> 2. ?
> 3. ?

Best at what? Fastest? Most pure? Cheapest? Most of the time, I do
"homemade" alkaline lysis followed by Phenol-ChCl3 extraction, and it's
clean enough for RE digests.

Asking about the "best" miniprep is a little like asking about the best

Nick Theodorakis
nicholas_theodorakis at

Sent via