Quick, easy & cheap plant DNA isolation???

kklinger at ceres-inc.com kklinger at ceres-inc.com
Mon Jan 29 20:59:42 EST 2001

Hey everyone...

I was hoping anyone could help me out here.  I'm trying to find an
uncomplicated protocol to isolate Arabadopsis DNA that is clean enough to
PCR.  The best example that I have been able to find is the Qiagen DNeasy
kits, but these are way too expensive ($1100 per 6x96plates, ouch!!).  I
searched around on the web and found the Dynabeads DNA-Direct, which in
theory seems to be perfect for my application:  quick, easy, low prep time,
no centrifugations, no tube changes.  Has anyone used these on Arabadopsis?

Also, does anyone have any other advice on either protocols or kits?

Thank you guys so much in advance.

KC Klinger

---