plasmid extraction kits poll

Jim Gore jim.gore at sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 29 22:57:59 EST 2001

We use the Qiagen Plasmid DNA Maxiprep Kit.  Sigma recently had a
special price on their kit (at least in Canada) and we tried several
test extractions with both companies' products for direct comparison.
The Qiagen kit was much more consistent and gave a higher quality of
DNA, at least in our hands.

So much for my 2 cents worth!

Jim