In situ hybe emulsion

Peter Ashby p.r.ashby at dundee.MAPS.ac.uk
Tue Jan 30 10:20:54 EST 2001

In article <3A76D95F.3C2A4EFE at po-box.mcgill.ca>, Rachel
<rgeddy at po-box.mcgill.ca> wrote:

> Dear Peter,
>
> Thanks for your reply. In this case, if my emulsion layer is too thick,
> will
> the camera have difficulty seeing the silver grains on the section
> through
> the emulsion?

Depends on the optics I suppose. If you can see the section then the
emulsion is not too thick for viewing (it should be transparent after
processing). I was concerned that by your description this could be the
case. Apart from the emulsion situation are you seeing silver grains at
all? Most people use darkfield illumination to see this but if it is
dense it can be seen in brightfield too. You could try in
sci.techniques.microscopy too, autoradiograpy is an old technique.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
Wellcome Trust Biocentre