In situ hybe emulsion

Rachel rgeddy at po-box.mcgill.ca
Tue Jan 30 11:10:22 EST 2001

I seem to have mostly uniform emulsion thickness, and the grey bit is evenly
coated over one side (where it is still intact). The bits with the silver
grains, as I said, are not covered with emulsion, which is frustratingly
contrary to what you're telling me.

It is possible that the emulsion was a little cooler, but I used it only a
minute after coming out of a 45 degreeC bath. One source on the net that I
found said that if the emulsion is in the 45dC bath for more than 45 minutes
it will start to preferentially put silver grains in the background. Any merit
to this suggestion? Although it doesn't seem to bear on my current
predicament.

Rachel.