follow-up of 5' End-labelling by replacement

Zhonglin Chai Zhonglin.Chai at baker.edu.au
Tue Jan 30 22:36:24 EST 2001

It does not seem to be right. T4 kinase exchange the P (phosphor) group at the gamma position of the nucleotides (gamma 32P-ATP, for example).  I doubt that it works on S (sulfur) group.

What is "[gamma S-35 dATP]"? Does it exist?

>>> "Dr. Hiranya S. Roychowdhury" <hroychow at nmsu.edu> 01/31/01 02:08pm >>>

However, replacement reaction should work

At 10:10 AM 1/30/01 -0000, Sue Shawcross wrote:
>  5' End-labelling oligos (with PO4 ends) using [gamma S-35 dATP] - can it
>be done with T4 kinase using the exchange reaction? Just in case you are
>wondering why we aren't using P-32: we are severly limited in the amount of
>32-P that we can use/store. Any comments/help/suggestions? & Brad @ MMU
>Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\s.g.shawcross.vcf"
Dr. Hiranya Sankar Roychowdhury
College Asst. Prof.
Molecular Biology,
Dept. of Chemistry & Biochemistry