cDNA synthesis of bacterial RNA

Robert Brownlie brownlie at sask.usask.ca
Wed Jan 31 22:37:09 EST 2001

Does anyone have good methods for producing cDNA from bacterial total RNA?
I want cDNA to do some differential expression studies.  I have seen
protocols using random hexamers and reverse transcriptase but this will
produce many truncated products. I was wondering if longer lengths could
be achieved if E. coli ligase was included and phosphorylated hexamers
were used or is this a rather naive idea.
Thanks for any replys

Robert

brownlie at sask.usask.ca