Follow-up and another question

Michelle Gleeson Michelle.Gleeson at uts.edu.au
Sun Jul 1 19:41:23 EST 2001

Hi Jeffery,

I can only answer one of your questions, but yes, imidazole does affect
the Bradford Assay.  Imidazole is essentially histidine without the
side chain, when you look at the structure.  I use 250mM to elute from
my column (not especially high), and I notice an effect on my
readings.  You can always include a imidazole blank at your
concentration to correct for it.

cheers,
Michelle Gleeson, PhD
Molecular Parasitology Unit
University of Technology, Sydney AUSTRALIA