Fw: Southern analysis in transgenic plant

Deanne Bell dbell at qnis.net
Mon Jul 2 10:40:05 EST 2001

----------
: From: Ann <crystal.ann at gurlmail.com>
: To: methods at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
: Subject: Southern analysis in transgenic plant
: Date: Saturday, June 30, 2001 10:17 AM
:
: Can anyone help me to explain my southern result? Why did I can detect
: the presence of the gene in some part of the plant BUT I can't do so
: in some part of the plant. I took the samples from the leaves. Isn't
: it means that transgenic plants will have the presence of the gene all
: over the part? Can it be the other way round? By the way , I did
: detect the presence of the gene in all the samples via PCR method.
: Please explain to me. Thank you very much.
:

How you are doing your southern?  Maybe we could help if explained in more
detail.
DBell

---