Flouresence probe for ammonia?

Wolfgang Schechinger wolfsc at ibms.sinica.edu.tw
Mon Jul 2 10:48:55 EST 2001

> Basicly to do in-situ measurments. Would you have any practical example
> for "nonfluorescnt probes that become fluorescent uopn reaction with
> amines"?

Dear Yoram,

Sorry, I don't have a practical example. But if it is NH3 that you
want to detect in situ, it probably will be diffcult since it will
diffuse arounfd pretty quickly.

Did you already think of setting up some enzymatic test using a
oxidoreductase? You then could couple the the reaction to a
fluorescent redox indicator (see http://www.probes.com).

Wolfgang