dessicator: how to build?

R. Jayakumar jakku at mrna.tn.nic.in
Tue Jul 3 12:47:37 EST 2001

I think that should be relatively easy. A dissicator actually does not keep
moisture out. Rather the dessicant kept inside absorbs all moisture that
enters. alternatively some good desicators have a vacuum outlet to vacuum
it.  The container should be airtight when closed and the items kept inside
should be easily taken out.  The container should also be relatively
airtight.
     You can just use a large glass jar or bottle with an airtight plastic
cap and fit it with a false bottom with perforations in it of cardboard or
metal. place silicagel or any other commercially available dessicant at the
bottom and the container should be ready to use.
   best of luck
jayakumar