Fw: dessicator: how to build?

Deanne Bell dbell at qnis.net
Tue Jul 3 20:34:45 EST 2001

We also use a wide mouthed canning jar - I prefer the screw cap lids rather
than a tupperware type of lid.  If you want to stay with plastic use a 1kg,
wide mouthed, plastic bottle from sigma, OR a plastic mayonnaise jar from
costco, or something of that nature (these also work well as waste bottles
for used pipette tips).

Is DRIERITE the little rock like stuff that turns pink when it is old and
then you can put it in an oven and heat it up until it is blue again??  I
like the idea of it being recycleable.  But I also think you can buy little
dessicant packets which seem like they would be a lot cleaner / safer . . .
(you know, like the ones that fall out of shoe boxes when you buy a new
pair of shoes!!)

D.Bell