Restriction Enzyme Stability at 50 degC?

Dr. Duncan Clark news at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Wed Jul 4 06:56:16 EST 2001

In article <3B43380B.27654.340069 at localhost>, the eminent Wolfgang
Schechinger at Academia Sinica wrote
>is there any info on stability / survival / star activity of restriction
>enzymes normally used at 37 degC when they are forced to
>work under more tropical conditions (i.e. in a double digest with
>SfiI at 50 degreesC?)

My guess would be that start activity would not increase but half life
of enzyme would decrease. I would reckon you will drop down to between
25and 50% of enzyme activity.

I think you will have to just try it.

Duncan
--
It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really
quite busy.

Dr. Duncan Clark
GeneSys Ltd.
Tel. +44 (0) 1252376288