Oligo AS labeling with Klenow

Dr. Duncan Clark news at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Thu Jul 5 14:14:22 EST 2001

In article <002301c10523$94dd2640$1cf3e88a at uibk.ac.at>, the eminent Dr.
Fabian Moebius at BIOSCI/MRC Human Genome Mapping Project Resource
Centre wrote
>I am considering to use KLENOW & RANDOM HEXAMERS to make Cy3 labeled
>antisense DNA from my 50 bp oligonucleotides.

Is it not easier to either buy pre-labelled oligo or amine terminated
oligo and label yourself. I realise that will only give you one label
per oligo but I would have thought that 50bp for random hexamer
labelling is just too short?

Duncan
--
It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really
quite busy.

Dr. Duncan Clark
GeneSys Ltd.
Tel. +44 (0) 1252376288