Oligo AS labeling with Klenow

Dr. Duncan Clark news at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Thu Jul 5 14:14:22 EST 2001

In article <002301c10523$94dd2640$1cf3e88a at uibk.ac.at>, the eminent Dr.
Fabian Moebius at BIOSCI/MRC Human Genome Mapping Project Resource
Centre wrote
>I am considering to use KLENOW & RANDOM HEXAMERS to make Cy3 labeled
>antisense DNA from my 50 bp oligonucleotides.

Is it not easier to either buy pre-labelled oligo or amine terminated
oligo and label yourself. I realise that will only give you one label
per oligo but I would have thought that 50bp for random hexamer
labelling is just too short?

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really
quite busy.

Dr. Duncan Clark
GeneSys Ltd.
Tel. +44 (0) 1252376288