EtBr

Wolfgang Schechinger wolfsc at ibms.sinica.edu.tw
Sat Jul 7 02:38:19 EST 2001

Ali,

another possibility to minimize EtBr usage is to stain the gels
after having them run. dilute 10 to 20 ul of the 10mg/ml EtBr
stock  into 250 ml water or TAE and put your gels for 10 to 15
min into this solution. then wash 2 times 10 to 15 min with
water.
I use this method if I need better staining of low MW bands that
will be covered by the relatively high background bacuse I
include the EtBr into the agarose normally.
The staining solution may be reused many times (some people
do it several 10 to several hundred times.) When your bands
get too faint, add a little EtBr.

Wo

[tiss mezzage wahs broduceRd using TYPO GENERATOR zoffwer]
-----
Dr. Wolfgang Schechinger
Lab N233 (c/o Dr. Steve Roffler)
Institute of Biomedical Sciences
Academia Sinica
128 Yen-Chio Yuan Rd. Sec.2
Taipei 115
Taiwan R.O.C.
Tel +886-2-2789-9152
Fax +886-2-2782-9142
Mobile +886-925-136893
e mail wolfsc at ibms dot sinica dot edu dot tw
-----

---