Largest recombinant protein

Jacky Hung hung at
Mon Jul 9 01:16:36 EST 2001

Hi everyone

This is the first time I wrote to this group, so please bear with me as I
blunder through.  I am not even sure if this is the right group to post
this question, but please keep all flames to a pilot level.  I am
interested in recombinant proteins, and would like to know what is the
largest recombinant protein ever reported to have been expressed
(particularly in bacteria).  I have done some searches in Pubmed, but
there is over 5 000 citations when I search with "Large + Recombinant
enzyme".  Anyone with any ideas? If you could even point me to the right
direction, I would be eternally greatful.

Jacky Hung

Jacky Hung
PhD in training
Brisbane, 4000