Fw: migration of a non denaturant PAGE

Deanne Bell dbell at qnis.net
Tue Jul 10 18:22:00 EST 2001

As far as the non-denaturing PAGE goes, it is a good idea and worth a try.
Have you considered a 2D type of thing?
If your antibody is "not very specific", are you sure it won't bind to both
proteins?
D.Bell

----------
: From: Stefi~ <xxxgifalone at tin.it>
: To: methods at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
: Subject: migration of a non denaturant PAGE
: Date: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 11:38 AM
:
: I have two proteins with very similar mol weight (and very similar (but
not
: identical!) pI. When I do a SDS-PAGE and blotting I find bands at the
same
: position. As my antibodies are not very specific, I'd like to use
blotting
: on a non denaturant PAGE, hoping I'll have different migration. What do u
: think?
: Stefano
: gifalone at tin.it
: